Thursday, October 15, 2015

{one room challenge: powder bath inspiration}

Welcome to Week 2 of the One Room Challenge Hosted by Linda at Calling it Home Blog. 

I was so fun to read all the comments last week. I'm so glad to have all of you here following along with me! I was surprised to read that so many of you actually LIKED the pink sink :) (not so much the potty...). Well sorry to disappoint anyone who liked them, but they are both gone. I have a different vision for the space.  I am proud to say I kept them out of the landfill though, a woman came and picked them up and is repurposing them in her fixer upper. So hooray for that. :) 

Today I just wanted to share with you my inspiration for our Powder Bath Makeover. 
I couldn't find just one image that incapsulates what I want to create for our bathroom. So I have a whole collection of photos below. 

First up:
This classic bathroom. I've loved this image forever. Those sconces just steal the show. Also adore the warmth of a wood framed round (or oval in this case) mirror in a bathroom setting




This deep green wall color has my heart. I like how dark and moody this space feels.


The thin vertical stripes make a bold statement in such a narrow space. 


Love the classic timeless feeling of this bathroom. The sconces remind me of our existing piece which I may try to make work for the time being until I can save up for a swing sconce. 


A round mirror breaks up all the squares and hard edges.


Love the hex tile flooring and there is those vertical stripes again! 



Okay now imagine if all those images had a baby. Here is what I'm envisioning for our powder bath:




Here's to hoping I call pull this look off!  Stay tuned next week to see progress! 







2 comments:

  1. This is going to be gorgeous! I love all of your inspiration! The moody wall color feels so modern but in a classic way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Especially the round mirror and the green.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...