Tuesday, September 8, 2015

{my paint colors}



Hope y'all had a wonderful labor day weekend! We went on a little road trip as a family and it was lovely to get away one last time before summer is officially over for 2015. 

I've been wanting to put together a little paint color post for some time now. I finally got two of the (biggest) rooms of our house painted in the past few weeks so I figured now is a good time. I love seeing what paint colors other designers use in their own home- so I am sharing mine as well. As you can see- I love me some neutral walls. :) 

When it comes to picking a paint color- I really think it depends on the specific room. While it'd be easy to just slap the same color up in every room of our/your house and call it good- it wouldn't be the BEST.  Every room gets varying amounts of different light, possibly different woodwork/trim color, different furniture/fabrics/accessories, and different flooring. Unless your house is entirely uniform, you probably will need varying different paint colors. Even though many of these colors are "neutrals" they read so much different to the eye. Using varying colors also helps define and create different moods for different spaces. However, I am a firm believer that all the colors in your home need to "blend" to some extent. You can't be putting saturated yellow room, next to saturated red room, next to saturated green room or you will have a visual mess. I like selecting colors that are all about the same tone on the color chart (usually a color that falls somewhere in the middle of the paint strip). 




These are just a few of the main colors I've used in our own home. If I start listing some of my favorite colors I've used on client projects, well my list would be quite long! :) I have about as many favorite colors as I do favorite fabrics. Selecting paint colors is one of my favorite things to do in the design process, there is just nothin' better than a fresh new color on your walls. It makes such a big difference for very little investment. If you need help with paint colors and are local- give me a call or email, I'd love to help!

Speaking of- if you are local, I got a new cell phone number over the summer and lost all my contacts.  So please send me an email and I will make sure you have my new number :) 

Happy painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...