Tuesday, March 31, 2015

{one room challenge: baby girl nursery}


Welcome to our little nursery....I can't believe I'm only now sharing these photos. If y'all followed me last fall I participated in the One Room Challenge hosted by Linda at Calling it Home blog. It was such a fun event....however I couldn't quite keep the 6 week deadline for my room (6 weeks goes by faster than it sounds!). It's now been more like 6 months and I'm okay with sharing a few photos. We welcomed our sweet girl home at the end of January and it's been a whirlwind ever since. I planned on finding a new rug and some unique artwork, but I still haven't gotten around to either item....I guess it's no longer a priority (baby snuggles, chubby cheek smooches, and endless amounts of diaper changes take precedence).  We've also started doing some more important remodeling on our main level so I feel like the nursery is probably at stand still (this may be as good as it gets...but if I do any nursery updates in the future I will be sure to share those when I can!). 


Anyways here is the modified nursery design board for reference. The design elements are all neutral but I added touches of blue and pink for interest. The best part of this design is that it could easily go boy or girl depending on which accent colors you play up. In our case....pinks were added :)






Come inside :) Our house was built in 1940, one of my favorite things about our old house are the glass door knobs. 




The crib is the ever affordable Jenny Lind style from amazon. I love it's timeless simplicity. 




The chest of drawers was a craigslist find. It really adds warmth to the otherwise very white room. I love all the storage it provides and it doubles as a changing table for now. 



The wire baskets were found at homegoods. I filled them with everyday baby items that are doubling as room decor :) 






This little corner is my absolute favorite. We purchased a more expensive rocker/glider chair but it currently is being used in the living room (where we spend most of our time) so I used our simple ikea chair turned rocking chair in the nursery. It works quite well since this room is so teeny tiny.


Crib bedding details.....I sewed everything myself except for the crib sheet. The bumper will be taken off when our baby actually starts using the crib. 





And here is the most important part of the nursery....our little lady. She just turned 2 months old and is just as sweet as sugar. We had her baptism over the weekend. She wore my old christening gown and bonnet, which fit just perfectly. It was such a special day for our little family. 








1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Little Grace is so adorable :-) ***Note-Your link does not work, and shows up as a Powder room redo. I had to go to the homepage to find this*** thought you might want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...