Thursday, October 2, 2014

{we're having a.....}

GIRL!





Y'all I could have just about passed out with excitement on the ultrasound table....actually I nearly did! Apparently laying on your back while pregnant reduces the blood flow to your brain (that's what the ultrasound tech told me). I'm not sure if it was that, or the total shock after finding out we are having a baby GIRL! We are absolutely thrilled and feel so blessed to be having another healthy baby! 

With all that being said, it's time to design a NURSERY!!! My plate is rather full with wonderful design clients, but now that I know what we are having....I must not delay in designing a sweet, feminine nursery space fit for a baby girl. The timing of our announcement just so happens to work perfectly with the "One Room Challenge" that Linda at Calling it Home has created. I decided to participate in the 6 week link up party! I've wanted to do this challenge for such a long time, but the timing has never worked out quite right. I think this challenge will push me to get the nursery going before the holidays arrive.


orc


Here are my nursery inspiration photos:


Country Living: Bargains abound in the twins' nursery: a Jenny Lind-style crib by DaVinci for Target, an Ikea chair, and an Albrecht Durer owl print from allposters.com. The toile drapes are by Curtainworks.    I think this is such a cute simple baby room!


Chic girl's nursery design with gray walls framing white Jenny Lind Crib

love these curtains and this color scheme via Grace Happens

scallop edge slipcover




Low prices and free shipping on F Schumacher. Search thousands of patterns. Strictly first quality.

Headboard and bed skirt

One of my favorite nurseries...just recently completed by the ridiculously talented Amy Meier...love!!


All photo credits can be found via my Pinterest Boards.
................................................................................................

Here is the room in it's current state. It's a little, white blank-slate of a room, which is better than a room off an episode of hoarders it was a few days ago! This room has been our catch-all room for the past year we've lived here...I thought I'd spare you all the mess! :)

Now that I have the room all cleaned up, it's ready for a feminine makeover. The crib is from our first born. I love the memories I have of my son in it....but my style has definitely changed in the past 4 years. I'm hoping to find it a new loving home in next few weeks, but if not I may work it into the design.


There are two blank walls and two walls with windows.




This room also has a teeny, tiny closet which I can't wait to fill up with eyelets, scallops, ruffles, and bows. Having a little girl is going to be SO MUCH FUN! That being said, I have an entire girl wardrobe to purchase in the next few months, so this nursery is going to be done on a budget. I'm going to re-use and re-purpose as much as I can!



Here are the design plans I have come up with so far, I'm sure things may change in the next few weeks. We already have the lamp, glider chair, mirror, and schumacher paisley fabric.  I'm hoping to go snag the antique chest in the next day or two....praying it's still for sale! 



I hope you come back next week to see what all I've accomplished! 












3 comments:

  1. Love it all especially the gingham, paisley,and scalloped slips! Congratulations. Little girls are so much fun! Looking forward to watching this room come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah congratulations!!!!!! I love that first nursery to no end so really in love with your inspiration and starting point. Your board is so so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I like your inspiration for your nursery!! So pretty and I love the scallops. I recently had a matelasse scalloped slipcover done for my daughter's room and I love it!! Look forward to seeing it all come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...