Thursday, October 23, 2014

{One Room Challenge: Baby Girl Nursery Week 4}

Yikes week 4....already? 

I have to admit, I haven't had a super productive week. I debated not even posting anything this week because I have nothing fun to show you. We went fabric shopping last weekend. Unfortunately, I couldn't find enough of the fabric I needed for the draperies (I will have to order online...) but I did snag 10 yards of pom-pom trim. 





I also went ahead and ordered a fitted crib sheet. It should arrive today. I just felt better about ordering a fitted sheet that was already made verses home-made. I found this skip hop dotted sheet on clearance and it will work well with the Arklow paisley fabric. I like to keep a few sheets on hand for those times when you are laundering one- so I'm going to keep my eyes open for different print so I can have two different looks. 

Skip Hop Mod Dot Crib Sheet





I ended up using the Arklow paisley on the crib skirt which I got done yesterday.
I went with the tie-on method so the skirt will be adjustable as we lower the crib. The whole crib skirt took me 30 minutes. I don't know why I've been putting it off for so long.

(sorry if you are tired of seeing photos of this fabric every week)





Ribbons make adjusting a breeze. 



I think I'm also going to make a crib bumper even though it won't be used 90% of the time. I just feel like the crib needs a feminine touch on the bumpers- either a ruffle trim and bows or a pleated trim and bows. Using the crib photo below for inspiration.


I also found this complimentary blue-gray throw pillow at Tuesday Morning for cheap. It matches the blue-gray in the paisley just perfectly. I plan to use it on the upholstered glider. 



 I've also been keeping my eye open for some fun artwork. I found this piece I just love by Sarah Robertson. However, it is not available anymore. I'd like to find something a little unexpected/untraditonal for the nursery walls. I think it'd be fun to pass on a piece of original artwork to her...but with my small budget I may have to DIY something. 

Sarah Robertson Art - Chapel with Cotton II


Thanks for stopping by this week. I hope I didn't bore you all to pieces- I promise I'll try to have something more exciting to share with you next week. 


 If you want to see the rest of the ORC participants click HERE.













4 comments:

  1. I will never tire of seeing that fabric! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're going to end with one of the prettiest nurseries I've seen in a long time. Absolutely love the paisley and the dots and the artwork. Oh and the poms...always love those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your choices! Can never go wrong with pom poms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bed skirt - it looks great with the polka dot sheet!
    Shelia
    House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...