Tuesday, September 2, 2014

{summer 2014}


I hope you all enjoyed your long Labor Day weekend. I had a few minutes to drop in this afternoon so I thought I'd share some family photos from my instagram account. It seems to be the only way I document anything anymore. Anyways, we had such a fun summer this year! It wasn't filled with any major excursions but just lots of little happy memories. After the past few summers we've had (last year in particular...with our crazy house hunt!) it was really nice to have a stress-free summer to relax & enjoy. Mr. Cattlebuyer went on a weekend fishing trip, but other than that and few short weekend roadtrips we were home all summer.

We did lots of lounging especially May and June (1st trimester = no energy). Not that I really mind, I love when my little man will just sit and chat about important 3 year old things....batman, race cars, animals, popsicles, ect.

(As you can see, teddy (bear) and snuggie (blankie) are still a part of our daily lives. They are the last little bit of babyhood memorabilia he still hangs on too, so I am okay with him hanging on to them as long as he likes! :))




We took our little guy to his first move theater experience, Planes Fire & Rescue. It went well for the first hour- the last 1/2 hour he lost interest. Luckily our little small town theater wasn't busy so it was no big deal. 



Summer just isn't summer without a plastic baby pool. We spent quite a few afternoons in the back yard splashing around. I think we both actually preferred this pool to the water park (for the record I did not get in the pool....just my feet on the edge ;)) 


We celebrated the 4th of July with a neighborhood block party. It was fun meeting some of the neighbors we hadn't met yet and of course C loved playing with all the kiddos! 


We visited the local county fair. I think we picked the hottest day of the year to go....it was absolutely awful outside, but we tried to make the most of it by visiting the livestock, going on few rides and rewarding ourselves with large snowcones afterwards. 


We also spent a weekend at a local lake celebrating a friend's birthday. 


Our newest addition to the backyard is a tree swing. We talked about putting up a playset, but just never got around to it so I decided half-way through the summer to order a tree swing instead. Honestly, it's so much better than a normal tree or tire swing because adults can ride on this swing too! We put it one of our big oak trees and it's the perfect shady spot to swing and lounge. I found it on amazon for anyone interested in ordering one for themselves...it is awesome. Your kiddos will LOVE it. 


We also purchased our first new piece of baby gear. I found a 2013 baby jogger, city versa online for a steal so I scooped it up (they are changing the logo and the buckle for 2014 so they have the "old" models on major sale right now). We are HARD on strollers in our house (we go for 2 walks a day spring-fall) so I knew I needed something a little above your typical graco travel system stroller. This guy will be our new workhorse for next spring...can't wait to try it out with baby #2! 


In baby news- the bump is growing! I actually took this picture this morning...I swear it doubled over night. So thankful for a healthy pregnancy! 


We ended our summer with a family baptism. We became sponsors over the weekend for our new nephew, Wyatt, who was born in July. It's always an honor. Mr.Cattlebuyer and I snapped a selfie...haha, it took us a few times before we got one that worked :) 



That about wraps it up....so long summer 2014, you sure have been fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...