Friday, September 12, 2014

{project updates}

Happy Friday! 

I don't know about your part of the country, but in the Midwest it sure feels like FALL this week! The rain showers and cooler temps have been wonderful for staying inside, working, and gettin' stuff crossed off the ol' to-do list! Thank goodness, whatever energy I lacked in the 1st trimester I am definitely making up for in the 2nd. I have design boards galore as well as wrapping up some projects around my own house. I'm also working on a special design collaboration with Chairish. Chairish is the world's first online consignment marketplace for design-obsessed people to buy and sell their home furnishings. It's such a neat concept...you should definitely check out their website. I'll have more information in the next few weeks. 

Sharing a few new and old projects today. I recently completed my first commercial design project. I worked with a local couple in designing and updating their chiropractic clinic reception room and front desk area. This was such a fun project and really pushed me design-wise to get outside of my little residential design box. I'm looking forward to taking on more commercial design projects! 



I don't usually share "before" pictures but I think I should start doing it more often so y'all can get a feel for what the space is like in real life. Hoping to share with you some awesome "after" photo's once my clients have everything installed! 

Before Pictures:





This was just a quick elevation style mock-up of the plan for the new children's play area. We are cleaning up the floor space and adding more wall based activities. If at any time my clients need a little better "visual" I am always quick to create a photoshop mock up. Magnetic board on the left, new book racks on the right. 






I also never share the hand drawn floor plans I create for each and every e-design project I take on. These are a little time consuming, but (like the photoshop mock -ups) are such a great tool to convey my design plans with my clients. 




......................................................................


The next project is one that has taken place at my house. The "little boy" bedroom design plans for my son's room. I'm so close to being finished with this project- just need to add a few finishing touches and I'm going to call it done (not that a designer ever calls a personal project "done"....we are always tweaking things!)! This room really took on an eclectic feel with old antiques, some new pieces, and lots of fun patterns! I really tried to stay away from building a "themed" boy bedroom. I get bored with rooms that scream a specific "theme". I much prefer rooms that reflect their inhabitant, in this case a little boy-- so lots of dinosaurs, tractors, children's books!




Here is a little sneak peek of his room, whenever the sun decides to come out I will take some portfolio worthy photos. I have some really good before pictures of this space too...so you can see what a big transformation this room underwent!


.....................................................................

This was a new e-design question project that we had to change up the artwork for since the original artwork I sourced was discontinued (boo!). Every once in a while that happens when your dealing with e-design...but it seems like I always find something even better than before. I'm really loving this new abstract piece! 



.................................................................

This was also an older design project I worked on last winter. My wonderful clients recently sent me some new portfolio pictures to share with y'all. I just adore how this design board translated into real life.




.................................................................

I hope to have more project updates to share with you very soon! Meanwhile, I feel it's my civic duty (I have no idea why...I just love sharing good deals!) to share with y'all that zulily has a great sale going on again! Mason Cash is one of their featured shops. I love this England based kitchenware brand. Their pieces are as gorgeous as they are functional. I'd much rather buy a new set of lamps or a rug than kitchenware most days, but I have to say, this brand is an exception to my usual way of thinking! The zulily pricing is awesome, any of these would make amazing Christmas gifts for the baker in your family.

Gingerbread Man Baking Set
Stoneware Batter Bowl

4.25-Qt. Heritage Cane Mixing Bowl
0.75-Qt. Cane Round Baker



Here is an invite if you guys haven't signed up for zulily yet! 

Copy and Paste this link:

http://www.zulily.com/invite/moderngracedesigns


Enjoy your weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...