Friday, September 19, 2014

{little boy bedroom}

Happy Friday!

I hope y'all are enjoying your day! Just dropping in to share photos of my son's "little boy" bedroom. I'm not quite ready to call it a "big boy" bedroom because he is only 3 years old *almost* 4 and I really wanted his bedroom to reflect this fun stage of his life. 

I didn't spend hours on his design board like I do my normal design clients...but rather just kind of collected together my ideas for his room on paper. His room definitely has more of an eclectic feel than what I normally use in my own home, but I think it works perfect for him. Nothing in his room is too precious to touch....actually the most expensive thing in his whole room is the mattress he sleeps on if that tells you anything about the budget for his room. I stuck with lots of antique/distressed furniture and used his toys as his "accessories". We still have a few more projects planned for his room....new carpeting, woven blinds, bed skirt, a total closet makeover....but I figured I'd better share what photos I do have with y'all right now before I get busy with baby #2's nursery design plans. 



His design board was translated pretty loosely, as I changed a few elements as I went along with the design. The gray wash stand I found at an estate sale- its perfectly imperfect. As is the green stand I found for the other end his bed- chippy paint is perfect for little people. The more they bang it up...the better it looks! The lamps were Target clearance last year, you can't see it very well in the photo but the inside of the shades are lined in red check plaid. I love little surprise details. The red wagon and toy tractor came from C's great grandparents. 






His bed is one of my favorite design elements. It was a craigslist score I found last fall. I considered painting it...but I'm so glad I left it as is. I ended up finding the two chippy painted stands to use as his bed side tables and I think if I had painted the bed it would have been too many painted pieces, the wood stain adds some warmth to the room which is really nice. 


His bedding is a collection of pieces I rounded up over time. It's my favorite way to put together a one-of-a-kind look. The buffalo check is Ikea, Polka Dot Chenille Quilt is Country Door, the Dinosaur sheets are from Target, Orange pillows came from HomeGoods, and the other two pillows I sewed up with leftover fabric. 






His bookshelf was a cheap garage sale find. It holds just a *portion* of his books and some of his favorite toys. I made his canvas growth chart back when we lived in Texas (I'm pretty sure I blogged about it way back when...) I can't believe how much my little guy has grown since then! He absolutely loves to puff out his chest and stand by his growth chart to see if he has grown any since the last time we measured him...


Mr. Cattlebuyer and I painted the piggy bank when I was pregnant 4 years ago. The colors went with his nursery design...but it's such a special piece I can't bare to put it away. We plan on going to the same ceramic painting place to make the new baby a piggy bank very soon! 



The dresser is actually from his nusery design I did nearly 4 years ago. I think we will probably change it out eventually...or give it to the new baby but for now it works. The Johnny Cash record albums came from an antique store....I thought they were quite fitting. The big John Deere tractor was passed on from his great grandpa Jim. He was an avid toy tractor collector and when he passed away we picked out a few special pieces to give to our little guy.




The drapes were very budget friendly :) I made them with drop cloth material and some ticking stripe fabric I found at Hancock Fabrics. They were surprisingly easy to make and I think they make the room feel so much bigger! We also painted his walls, trim and ceiling last spring. The walls are Benjamin Moore, Gray Owl, which is a nice blue/gray color. 



I will post the before pictures next week so you can get an idea for how the room has been transformed! 

Hope y'all have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...