Friday, August 22, 2014

{life lately}

Hey Friends! 

I told you I'd be back! :) Thanks again for all the well wishes for baby #2....we are still over the moon excited! I've been busier than ever design-wise and life-wise (you know what they say when it rains it pours....) However, I can't complain if I'm comparing this season of life to rain....this is a really FUN rainstorm to be in. I can't NOT blog about it. Even Mr. Cattlebuyer has asked me if I'm going to start blogging again (I think he secretly likes reading my posts....) So here I am. Dropping into today to share my random musings.

First up,  some recently completed E-Design Boards! I have a couple more in the works as we speak....including my first ever commercial design board (which has been really fun!). I will try and share those design boards with you in the upcoming weeks! 




E-Design Question Consultations:
Art/Table/Chairs/Rug


Art/Accessories/Lighting


Art/Accessories/Rug/Lighting



...................................................................

I haven't had much time to think about our home lately, but that is okay. I did hop on Pinterest and search for nursery inspiration a few nights ago when I was suffering through pregnancy insomnia. 

I'm thinking I will go very neutral with baby #2's room regardless of gender. Baby will be claiming the smallest room in our house so I think keeping things light will be important to keep from the room feeling cramped. The walls are already painted Pearly White by Sherwin Williams so that will stay. As far as furniture goes, we will literally only have room for a crib, small chair & maybe if we are lucky a small dresser. It will be a cozy room, but It's probably one of my favorite rooms in our house...it gets amazing morning & afternoon light. 


My Inspiration:




The only thing we've purchased so far for the nursery is a new chair. I went with the Custom Roxboro Glider from Home Decorators Collection. I choose Zanzibar Parchment for the upholstery. I was a little nervous about buying a chair without sitting in it first, but I read the reviews and everyone seems to love this chair. I know how many hours I spent rocking/feeding/loving on my baby in our last glider chair (which was nothing fancy) so I already know this chair will be WELL loved by the time we are done with it. 





.........................................................


I saw this on Pinterest a couple weeks ago....I just love it. I'll be the first person to admit I can get consumed with thinking about THINGS. Hello...the basis of interior design is obsessing over every little thing (detail). You know how it goes....one minute turns into one hour and before you know it I've spent HOURS searching for things. It's just crazy. But this reminds me that I need to always keep the "things" in perspective. 





http://www.pinterest.com/pin/60869032438986622/


................................................................


I've also been reading a book on and off all summer (don't judge, "free time" is a real treat for me...so it's taken me all summer reading one little chapter at a time.) It's called "What Women Fear" by Angie Smith (it's been out for a few years). Fortunately, anxiety and worry don't haunt me on a daily basis....but there are times in life when I let those feelings creep in so this book was great for me. Each chapter addresses a certain womanly fear (real or irrational) in life then follows someone in the bible who had that same fear. It's good read for busy women/moms because you can easily start/stop at each chapter without feeling lost. 



..........................................................................

Lastly- be sure to check out this month's House Beautiful. Urban Grace Interiors is the featured kitchen! I just never get tired looking at their work....




Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!







1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE my sister in laws designs...you are soo talented Lesley! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...