Wednesday, May 28, 2014

{happenings}

I'm always downloading, pinning, and photographing anything and everything that inspires me to some degree. This probably explains why the memory card on my phone is always maxed out (FULL!). Whenever something catches my eye I have to document it so I don't forget! :) Today I'm sharing with you all the random things I've saved over the past few weeks. Hope you enjoy a peek into my world.

First up, I found these amazing lamps at Hobby Lobby. I think they will be perfect for my dining room console table. Only $99 a piece, but I plan on using a 40% off coupon which brings them to only $60 a piece which is a steal!



How fun are these boxwood + sweet potato vine planters? I love the contrast of the lime green vine with the grassy green boxwood. I have very similar square planters on our front stoop, I just need to add the vine.


Thinking about re-creating this pleated burlap bed skirt for my little man's bedroom. 


I've already shared this picture with you....but my first slipcover! Sewed this up with a $10 drop cloth from Home Depot. Created the bench with leftover lumber from our garage! A practically free and stylish (if I do say so myself) bench. Can't beat that!


My little man is pretty excited about his new Gray Owl painted walls. I took this picture the night we pulled off all the trim tape. The gray owl is just the perfect shade of blue-gray for a little boy.


Flowers are still blooming like crazy here in the Midwest. I picked this arrangement from my yard over the weekend. I'm thankful we purchased a home that already had quite a bit of landscaping to work with, but I've been adding to the existing beds all spring. I will have to do an updated post here in a few weeks to show you all I've planted so far!


One of my local clients sent me some updated photos of her newly built home. I helped this couple with finish selections- cabinet style, back splash tiles, flooring, paint color, my client did the rest of the decorating herself with her collection of antiques and eclectic finds.  Didn't she do a fabulous job?! 


I also sourced this fun zinc topped table, red chairs, curtains, and the industrial metal counter stools for her. Love how the metal on the table and counter stools tie together the two areas.


Back splash detail in the kitchen: 




I read this quote on Tobi Fairley's instagram feed this morning. I had to re-post because I love it. I hope I always feel empowered as a woman to go against the crowd. 


I also met with a new, local clients over the weekend. They are breaking ground on their new house this week and are in the process of picking out many of their finish selections. These clients also have GREAT style (just like all my clients :)) they just needed help and validation with some of their finishes and ideas. Think west elm and crate & barrel style, with subtle touches of chic z-gallerie thrown in in the mix....this house is going to be GORGEOUS! Their style is a little more contemporary/modern than many of my local clients so it was fun playing with new design elements. She sent me pictures of some contenders for their lighting....really loved this cylinder pendant for over their kitchen island (great price point too!)! Love when clients want to mix high & low price points into their homes! 


As you can see my world has lots of fun stuff going on right now! I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my semi-crazy, interior design-filled life! :)












1 comment:

  1. Great post! I loved the randomness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...