Tuesday, April 1, 2014

{glass fish floats}

Happy April Friends! Sorry about my blog writing hiatus. 

Mr. Cattlebuyer used up some of his vacation time last week so we traveled to see family and took a little road trip to Walnut, Iowa (small town known for their antique stores!). It was a fun week- until Sunday night when my little guy came down with a violent stomach bug. Let's just say our "spring break" went out with a bang (boo!). Luckily he is "all better" now...and we are back into our "normal" routine!

When we went to Walnut, Iowa, we were looking for furniture. We struck out in that department, but I did find a few pretty antique glass fish floats (I know...kind of random for being in the midwest!) for a steal!!! My plan is to use them as a table centerpiece throughout the summer months (I need to add a few more to my collection!). I love how they look like glass bubbles very summer-y if you ask me! 

 via agirlandakey.blogspot.com

Decorating ideas with nautical fishing glass floats. You can browse many more ideas here: http://www.completely-coastal.com/search/label/Glass%20Floats

Fishing glass floats in wire basket.  More ideas with wire baskets: http://www.completely-coastal.com/2011/09/decorating-with-wire-baskets-from.html

They also look really pretty all stacked up in a clear tall glass vase:


things that inspire blog

Or I love them stacked in lanterns, I noticed Pottery Barn used them quite a bit in their current summer catalog:
Alternate View



It's also fun if you only have one or two is to display them by themselves as a piece of "art"




You can easily buy old vintage floats on etsy or ebay...but I kind of like the idea of collecting them as you go through life (here's to hoping I find a few more to add to my collection soon!)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley! I have followed your blog for quite a while, but have been away for quite a while too...LOL I have also bought several of your bracelets that you used to sell on etsy! Walnut Iowa is not far from me....we actually used to live in Atlantic for 10 years before we ended up a little farther north! :) I love the floats.....they are gorgeous! :) I haven't been to Walnut in many many years, I may have to check it out and see if I can find some good deals! :)
    Take care!
    jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi!!! Yes I remember you from my "what I wore Wednesday" days!!! We lived in West Texas then...but we now live in Nebraska! Walnut was so fun! A few of the shops were closed when we visited since it isnt "antiquing season" yet but I think we are going plan another road trip there this summer! So great to reconnect with you! Hope we can keep in touch! :)

      Delete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...