Thursday, February 20, 2014

{spring dreamin'}

I don't know about y'all, but I for one am totally in spring mode around here despite what the weather is doing outside today.  We even picked up some of our flower seeds yesterday....we are going to try to start some flowers by seed this year (it may not end well....) but we have the perfect  sun porch for them to start growing in and I think it'll be a fun project for my little guy and I. I figure if it ends bad I'm not out much, and if they grow it will all be worth it. I'm hopeful. 

We selected a couple varieties of Zinneas. Oh man, what I wouldn't give to see some bright colors in my backyard right now....




.........................................................................................

I think I've also found "my" dishes. I've been wanting a set of nice dishes to put in our hutch since we moved in.  We never did register for any nice china when we were married because I knew it would be years before we ever used them (which is true...). At the time it just didn't seem practical and looking back I'm really glad we didn't just settle on a set then.  I really think I found the "perfect" set for me.  Of course, I love that with this particular "leaf" style I think I could get away with using them almost year round spring-fall.

These are on my radar:

Bordallo Pinheiro Plates, of course they are vintage and rather hard to come by (ugh...leave it to me to fall in love with expensive and rare items...) One plate is roughly going for $50, so honestly, it might take my entire lifetime to get a whole setting, but for now I can't get them out of my head.





I think they would mix so well with blue and white dishware.

These rope plates are equally as fabulous....should I ever come across them, I would need them as well.



.......................................................................................................


Of course-- what is spring without Kayce Hughes....her bright cheerful colors and prints make me want to own her entire women's collection!

I love these green gingham numbers in particular:

willa ruffle dress

3/4 sleeve evy top


.........................................................................................................

And since we are on the subject of green, how cute is this flying duck print?! It so kitchy and cute for a kitchen.  Fun, unique kitchen art is hard to find! I really think I need this for my kitchen and I just happen to have the perfect gold frame for it.


Flying Ducks

Flying Ducks

I also really like this funky fun, eye chart print. I'm still trying to figure out where this would go in our home--surely I could find a spot.





Both prints are from The Calm Gallery in case you are interested.

Happy Thursday!



2 comments:

  1. Oh no…with the move I sold the same lemon leaf plates for so cheap…I can't even tell you. But I love your taste. We are just short on space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have totally bought them from you Mary Ann! I hope they found a good home with their new owner! Thanks for dropping by, hope you come back again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...