Saturday, February 1, 2014

{sherwin williams: accessible beige}

Happy Saturday Friends! 

Hope this post finds you all well. We are enjoying a relaxing weekend at home....Mr.Cattlebuyer treated us to donuts this morning, we got groceries, and now we are veggin' on the sofa.  I've been painting like a mad lady this week...I started with my dining room, which I told y'all about last week.  Then I decided our basement stairwell really needed a fresh look- so leftover dining room paint to the rescue....and while I had the mess out I decided the kitchen's red walls really needed to go....so bye bye went the red. Now I don't want to pick up a roller or paint brush for a long. long. LONG. time. I seem to go in painting spurts, same thing happened this past fall when I did the foyer and back hallway. But my carpel tunnel is in full force so I really am done for a while (Mr.Cattlebuyer is relieved...). :) 

I went with Sherwin Williams, accessible beige, for the kitchen.  I really wanted to do a green color for something different, but I resorted to a beige because at the end of the day I have to work with what I have (remember the crazy checkered floors...) right now.  I also wanted to open up the kitchen, it felt so dark before...this really brightens up the space.  

This photo was my inspiration, I love everything about it but particularly the paint color (which I'm not sure what the exact color). But I thought it appeared to be pretty close to accessible beige. 

baskets, topiaries + small oil painting


 I know-- beige walls aren't for everyone, and someday I will get my colorful kitchen but for now I'm so happy with my fresh new space! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...