Friday, February 28, 2014

{friday randoms}

Happy Friday Friends! 

And the last day of February...one more month closer to summer. Hooray!

I thought today I'd just round up my random thoughts....y'all know I do random well.

Well after I posted my little man's bedding the other day, I remembered an old post I did on quilting and now I think I've found my next project...remember this quilt below? Okay I have to admit I forgot about it....but now I'm obsessing over it again.

via craftyblossom on etsy

Yep, it'd be absolutely perfect paired with the dotted chenille bedspread (which came in the mail yesterday and it's even more awesome in real life than in photos).  I'm thinking using a similar gray-white checks with a fun orange binding.  What do y'all think?

I really love it and now I'm re-thinking his bedding all over again...told you I was fickle when it comes to my own home. 

...............................................................................................

About a year ago today was our trip down to Mississippi and Louisiana.  I'm still wishing we had a few more days to spend down there last year....it was such a fun trip!

West Side Pier on Gulf of Mexico, Gulfport, Mississippi

I think I spent about half the trip oohhing-ahhing over the southern homes and their architectural features. The trip made me realize we are totally missing the mark here in the midwest...too much builder grade boring going on here! I really appreciate the southerners attention to detail when they design/build their homes (I know this is totally "generalized" statement....there were sadly plenty of signs of katrina damage visible and some degree of "builder grade" every where you travel still and there are lots of nice architectural homes in the midwest.) But you can't deny the architecture in the south is totally breathtaking!

(Yes, I peruse southern Mississippi and Louisiana beach front real estate listings...just for fun when I'm bored. I am a dreamer...what can I say.)





both images from realtor.com :) 

....................................................................................................

I think I'm going to purchase a few more ferns this weekend. I have successfully kept the one I purchased from home depot alive last summer (it's a miracle!) now I think I'm going to add a few more to my plant collection (baby steps...) I'm loving these images below of the ferns in the urns (haha... that rhymes).

tailored skirted table - love the greek trim with simple pleat corners

rue 27 maison

..............................................................................

I LOVE Albert Hadley quotes....that man knows what's up! :)




Hope y'all have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...