Friday, January 24, 2014

{sherwin williams: pearly white}


I am just now putting my feet up after spending the whole afternoon painting my dining room! It's been on my to-do list for far too long and now that I have a slight break in my client design work, it felt like a good time to bite the bullet and get 'r done.  Plus, Mr.cattlebuyer had the day off so I begged him to help me! 

I went with a warm white, Pearly White, by Sherwin Williams.  The sample appeared greyish white, but I'm so glad I tried it out on my walls because it is my new most favorite white paint out there.  It's warm without being creme.  It's soft and bright during the day, but at night it really warms ups and feels cozy. It's all around great.

Here's the sample swatch photo: 



As it turns out...pearly white is a little famous.  It was used by Tracery Interiors in the majority of of the rooms in Southern Living Idea House 2012.  Which happens to be one of my most favorite houses of all time. Its perfect from floor to ceiling.  

Living Room

Living Room


Living Room

Dining Room

Khaki Gingham Bedroom


I know, I know....most people think white walls are boring (i used to think the same...). But I foresee white being the new "beige".  The white walls are coming back in a big way. 

See more tips from @Rachel  Ashwell: http://www.countryliving.com/homes/how-to-get-the-look/decorating-with-white-ashwell-advice#slide-2    #decorating #quotes #words

Can't wait to get the painters tape pulled off so I can share with you my dining room walls! Stay tuned! 


2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! What color is your trim? Thx-Jas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting! I recently selected pearly white as my trim color and have been second guessing myself! Wall color will be repose gray and when I looked at the pearly white swatch on the SW it looks pink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...