Monday, January 27, 2014

{mirror,mirror: before & after}

I did a quick and easy before and after makeover this weekend it was so easy I just had to share with y'all! 

I've had a pair of these round mirrors for years now and honestly, I was getting a little "tired" of them. I purchased them on sale from hobby lobby...and while I don't mind the shape or style, the frame just wasn't doing anything for me anymore. 

I tried one above our headboard in our master bedroom and as much as I liked how the mirror reflected the natural light in our bedroom, the black was just reading SO flat.  

see...i didn't like it. 

So I picked up some Rub n' Buff last time I was at Michael's. I used a 40% off coupon so I think it was like a few dollars total.  So cheap! 


And then I started rubbing it on the frame.  Honestly, you can't screw this stuff up.  I was worried it wouldn't adhere well, because I didn't prime the frame at all...but I had no issues.  It went on smooth, I just used an old sock to apply it around the edge.  I think the worst thing you can do is actually apply too much, so take it easy and just use a light touch.  I'm so thrilled with how it transformed my otherwise boring black mirror into this gold beauty! It pops off my walls so much more, and the gold adds some dimension to the frame. 


It reminds me of Wisteria's round beaded mirror. But for a fraction of the cost.  


Round Beaded Mirror

Honestly, I'm hooked on this rub n' buff.  It is so much easier to use than gold spray paint and honestly the results are really impressive! Plus, you have so much more control with rub n' buff, so you can decide what you want to accent, where as with spray paint-- it just goes everywhere! Pick some up next time you are at Michael's, it's good stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...