Friday, January 3, 2014

{fresh slate}

I hope 2014 is treating you all well! I finally have all our Christmas decor packed up (minus a few outdoor things...) and I must say it feels good.  As much as I love the Christmas season, I love getting back into the normal routine and I really missed all the natural sunlight that comes in through our front living room window (I'm going to have to find a new place to put our Christmas tree next year!)  I need my vitamin D.

Anyways...I know a lot of bloggers have shared their new years resolutions and goals with you lately.  As much as I would like to do that...I am going to refrain.  There are definitely a few areas and items I am going to tackle in 2014, but nothing too concrete...so instead I'm going to focus on my "word" of the year....contentment.

I struggle with being content daily. We have lived the past 3 years in a survival mode of sorts.   Just waiting for the next momentous event in our lives to happen and for the first time in 3-4 years I feel like we have finally made it out of survival and are now on to a coasting season of life. We are coasting, things are good, we are blessed, but there are still days were I am still not content (gasp).  I want to be fully present in 2014, not always dreaming of more and bigger and better things, but just being completely happy with where I am today.  I know this is something everyone struggles with, but I am determined I'm going to focus on just being 100% present at ALL times.


This is your year.  Laugh from your soul.  Dream even bigger.  Live in the moment.  Stop comparing to other.  Be joyous in yourself.  Strive for contentment.  Add memories, not things.  Give with no expectations.  Find beauty in simplicity.  LIVE.


Contentment is a state of the heart, unaffected by outward circumstances.
-Crystal Paine


Godliness with contentment is great gain.
1 Timothy 6:6


I can't wait to see how focusing on this single word can transform my life this next year.  I know I can be content I just have to remind myself daily! Here's to a new year of enjoying this one precious beautiful life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...