Tuesday, January 21, 2014

{estate sale find: wooden beaded necklace}

Happy Tuesday Morning!

Hope your week is off to an awesome start.  I feel like I'm getting a late start to the week, we spent all of yesterday running errands and having a play date with my sister and her kiddos which was so much fun! But I'm feeling a little behind on my weekly schedule.  Hope to catch up today.  But while my little man is still sawing logs this morning (he must have gotten wore out from all that playing yesterday!) I thought I'd drop in and share with you one of my latest finds.  Last week I got the sudden urge to go to a local estate sale.  I haven't been to one since I was a kid (my mom used to let me come along as a child I remember going with her!).  But I decided I would venture out on my own...I was after a small accent table, but when I got to the estate sale (which was later in the morning...you know how it is with a toddler-child in tow...) I missed it.  So I decided I'd browse the home in search of some other treasures...and low and behold I found some goodies on the jewelry table.

This wooden necklace for $5 was my absolute favorite find of the day and then I grabbed this fun bracelet for $2 while I was feeling lucky.  


 I styled them via instagram (ha, I use the word styled loosely...I mean more like how I wore them...but styled sounds much fancier!)  for church on Sunday.  I wore a basic white collared button up shirt with my oversized grey sweater cardigan, brown campus boots, and skinny jeans.  It would be such an easy look to recreate.  

Anyways-- back to the wooden necklace...I've wanted one ever since I saw Kayce Hughes Wooden Necklace (for the record...I have a total girl crush on Kayce! She has such amazing vintage inspired style!).  I thought it was such a classic piece.  Something that can be worn with a million different outfits.  But her version of the necklace has been sold out for quite some time.  

women's necklace

women's necklace

women's necklace

Some of my favorite Interior Designers/Blogger's have worn Kayce's stylish necklace: 

The incredible, Lauren Liess, wore the necklace in her blog head shot photo for years...loved it then, and still love it now.


And Erika from Urban Grace Interiors wears Kayce's necklace too! Isn't her little Whitney adorable?! Cute baby, cute necklace! 

photo cred: @erikampowell on instagram

Anyways... I'm so super pumped to have my own version of Kayce's Necklace. I think it will be such a great layering piece to wear for years to come! And best of all when I'm not wearing it...wooden bead necklaces can make a perfect "accessory" for decorating a vignette.

Sherry from Design Indulgence, used one on her client's coffee table recently: 


images via: http://designindulgence.blogspot.com/

Whenever I see a necklace used as an design accessory/layering piece I always think of Nate Berkus...here is the cover of his book, Things that Matter.  Notice the necklace on the cover: 


Seriously.  Good stuff all around. 

Who knew one $5 wooden estate sale necklace could bring so much inspiration to a person?!  
Best $5 I have ever spent.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...