Saturday, November 9, 2013

{recap & randomness}

Happy Saturday Friends!

Wowza, another week has zoomed on by.  I vowed I was going to write more than one blog post every week now that our crazy life has settled down a bit...but clearly that hasn't gone as well as I had hoped. Or maybe our life is just as crazy as ever (per usual) and I'm in denial! ;) 

 We had lots of things going on this week here and there and then my little guy got caught a yucky bug that ended with us at the clinic for the second time in one month.  Ugh. So not ready for this cold and flu season! Winter is my least favorite season (minus the wonderful winter holidays, I do love those!) 

Anyways, here is what we've been up too.

We tried taking family pictures a couple weeks ago... If y'all have ever tried to take a picture with a squirrely 3 year old you know about how well that goes.  Here is one of our sneaks from our session!  We did get lots of good "smiley" posed ones too, but these outtakes are growing on me....they are so much more like real everyday life. 




..............................................................................

I finally got around to picking up a quart of one of my favorite accent paint colors: 
sherwin williams rosemary



It's a gorgeous griege-green color and goes awesome with cool grays and crisp white walls. I prefer to use it more as an accent color than a full room color.  I just got done painting some chunky picture frames this color, but it looks great on furniture, shelves, doors, you name it.  I must resist the urge to paint everything this color. 


....................................................................................

I also recently fell in love with this raspberry accent chair at one of our local re-purposed furniture stores.  Oh my word.  It would be a PERFECT pop of color in a girl nursery!  Believe me I had to talk myself out of buying this "just because its so fabulous" about 20 times over. 

And get this....it was only $15!!!! Kicking myself for not just buying it.  



...................................................................

I've also been eyeballing this Costa Del Sol wallpaper.  It would be perfect touch of pattern for a small powder bath.



.................................................................................

We decided to whip up this sugar cookie recipe from Williams and Sonoma a few weeks ago for Halloween.  And they were super yummy.  I know it's not Halloween anymore, but I will be saving this recipe to use for Christmas cookies next month! 

Cardamom Cutout Sugar Cookies | williams-sonoma.com


..................................................................................

Last but not least, can we please talk about how awesome this gallery wall from the pages of  Elle Decor is? The designer played up the vaulted roof line with the artwork arrangement.  So genius and interesting.  I'm still not tired of gallery walls.  

image06 Gallery Walls with Gregg Irby


Okay- that's all the randomness I can handle for one morning.  I'm off to sip another cup of coffee before gearing up to rake the leaves that have totally taken over our yard! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...