Thursday, November 28, 2013

{realization and thanksgiving}

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Just dropping in this morning to wish you and yours a wonderful holiday.  I woke up this morning with this nagging feeling like I needed to type....so here I am. :) 

Over the past few months I've had a realization.  Not some big, hit-you-in-the-face, milestone. But just a simple reminder.  

When I was a 6 or 7 all I ever dreamed about was being a "mommy" (I played with my dolls until I was far too old) then I hit 9 or 10 and realized ALL I wanted to be was an interior designer.  I watched HGTV's "Decorating Cents" religiously.  I would spend my Saturday nights...watching back to back decorating shows....design on all night, Saturday night (do y'all remember these?). I would rearrange our big 80's furniture like it was my job.  My mom would come home from work I would have rearranged the living room into an entirely new set up...at age 10! I think I only weighed  80lbs.  How in the world I maneuvered the big furniture I still have no idea....

But Lately, I've had these little reminders..(like when we attended our first local MOPS meeting this fall "am I really a mother of a preschooler?!") or when we signed the papers to buy our house this summer ("am I really old enough to BUY a house?!") All these tiny little reminders, have led me up to this feeling, for the first time in my life, I AM living my dream! (as cheesy as that sounds...)

Sometimes I forget, this life is EVERYTHING I've ever dreamed of, right here, right now.  I am a wife, a mom, and I have had many opportunities to dabble doing design work.  We have a wonderful home, healthy family, and we always have food on our table. Did it all happen according to my own timeline? No. I would have changed a few things if I had my way.  But it all happened on God's timing and who knows better than him? 

Today-- I'm thankful for all the opportunities and blessings God has given me, whether I have been "ready" or not, he has given me more than I deserve.  All the stepping stones have led me where I am today and they all have been little pieces of the puzzle that have now created my beautiful life.  

Thanks be to God

Thank you for letting me share my heart with y'all today....let us be joyful and grateful everyday of the year! 

Happy Thanksgiving Friends! 



1 comment:

  1. Claim your healthier, happier and much more balanced life! You will learn how to: Cope with stress, so your dieting plan can be more effective. Let go of guilt, the importance of releasing yourself from the negativity created by it. You will learn how to let go of general negativity, anger, let go of the need for approval. It even teaches you how to release yourself from procrastination. Let go of envy, self-doubt, limitations and the chains of time. Start your new life today, be confident in yourself, and laugh more for a happier you!
    http://tinyurl.com/p7odf4w

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...