Monday, October 21, 2013

{revisiting an old topic: convex mirrors}

Happy Monday!

Today I'm revisiting a topic I talked about back in January of 2011.  Unfortunately, all my image links are broken from that old post! So I thought why not touch on the subject again...

Convex Mirrors

In particular, Federal Convex Mirrors. Love them or hate them they are here to stay! I love how they can work perfectly in traditional rooms or paired in super modern spaces without much tweaking.  They add an instant touch of eclectic, timeless Americana to any space! 

sadie + stella: Monday Musings: Convex Mirrors

I first fell in love with them when I saw this Lauren Liess' bedroom image a long,long time ago....  It's so unexpected and perfect. 

beautiful! esp. with IKEA dressers as bedside tables!


I really have been wanting one ever since I posted back in 2012, and I recently found one at an antique store for $7!  It is exactly like this one below: 


Isn't is awesome? I just couldn't leave it behind for only $7! Granted, it's not the highest quality but I figured I could find the perfect spot for it and I love that it's a total conversation starter! I've even thought about maybe painting mine white like some of these below...but I do like how it adds a touch of metallic gold to the wall as is! Here are some of my inspiration photos:

Furbish Studio

Mocha walls, Federal convex mirror, mirrored sconce, antique dresser, chintz and animal print upholstery - former apartment of Tinsley and Topper Mortimer


an american eagle convex mirror


convex mirror, dark and light contrast

So what do y'all think? Should I paint it and give it more of a modern look or should I leave it gold and work with it as is? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...