Friday, October 18, 2013

{friday faves}

Happy Friday! 

Just popping in to say hi!  I've had another crazy week...haven't slowed down until today!  Here's what's I've been up to this week:

I went to our local parade of homes show last Sunday.  I was recommended to check out this home and I'm totally LOVING it.  Let me tell you for the midwest this home is a breath of fresh air! I loved the open concept floor plan and the large center kitchen island was amazing.   The furnishings were spot on (except in the master...didn't care for those...) but this main floor was perfect! 

7320 Pinwheel Ct, Lincoln, NE 68516 - MLS#: 10104312


....................................................................

I also took the plunge and hired a photographer to take some family pictures this weekend. It's been on my to-do list for years and I just said to heck with it....we are doing it and we are doing it now because the leaves are turning here and I can't wait any LONGER. :) Of course, I could think of 1 million reasons not to do it....which I have been doing for the past 2 years or we could just do it and be happy.  I know I won't regret it.  

She did my sister's pictures last year and did an amazing job! LOVE this one below: 





So excited to have an updated family picture! 


..................................................................

Since we are taking family  photos...I HAD to do some outfit shopping.  *wink,wink* and luckily old navy had some amazing columbus day sales last weekend.  I can't believe I'm doing it, but i'm drinking the ankle boot kool-aid.  I said I would never wear them (because I'm a total shorty) but I tried them on and actually liked them! I'm a total boot hoarder and let's be honest, I can't go through another fall/winter without adding to my boot collection.  :) 

This is the pair I got, they were only $25 on sale and I think for that cheap price I can wear them and not feel guilty when they go out of style (assuming they are fairly trendy, and I will probably hate them by next boot season...)

Women's Textured Short-Zip Boots

I instantly felt like Lisa Leonard in them!

.......................................

I'm also getting the itch to paint again...eep! I'm leaning towards doing our dining room next, it's this hideous peachy fleshy color and I cannot stand it. It makes everything look orange!

I'm thinking doing a darker gray like Graceful Gray by Behr.  Holly used it in her dining room and I love it! I am going to pick up a sample and see what it does in our space.


Rustic elegance. Love the plate rack and lantern.


........................................................................................................

Lastly, since it is officially fall around here, I'm dying to mix up some scarecrow bars! They are too.die.for.good.  Like sweet & salty & gooey all in one bite.  I mixed in reese's pieces last year instead of candy corn and they were just as yummy!

MAKE SOME YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.


Scarecrow Cookie Bars Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cookies/scarecrow-cookie-bars.html


...................................................

Okay, that's all the random thoughts I've got for today! Hope y'all have an amazing weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...