Tuesday, October 8, 2013

{fall happenings}

Hey Friends! 

Hope your week is off to a good start! I've had intentions of blogging for past few days but time always sneaks away from me! Argh! 

Here's a little of what I've been up to via instagram pictures:

I finally painted our back hallway.  It had a wonderfully ugly sponge painted technique done circa 1997.  I couldn't stand looking at it any longer than I had too, so it got a fresh coat of wordly gray by sherwin williams a couple weeks ago. Some time spent sanding and priming and painting later, it looks so much better now! 


I had six doorways to tape plus ceiling and floor trim plus phone niche in this hallway...it was a doozy.  And now I'm totally burnt out on painting anything.  But as you can see, I have lots more painting to do...lots of yummy neutrals with some deep blues and greens thrown in the mix. perfectly me. 


...............................................

We also went out and picked some fall florals.  My roverboy helped me gather stuff from our yard.  I totally love the contrast of the burnt orange mums paired with the lilac sedum and green accent. 


..................................................

I also did a little more junkin'....I picked up this bookcase for my rover for CHEAP.  The shelves are solid wood, but I'm thinking I will give it a fresh coat of paint and change out the cheapy plywood back board for beadboard to give it a little more character.  Stay tuned for before and afters! 


.........................................

I really wanted to get this bull for mr.cattlebuyer's office, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.  It's tempting me though! 


............................................

I did however pick up an old galvanized tub at another sale.  I really wanted to get one on our junk jaunt a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find one in good shape for a reasonable price.  This guy was in awesome shape and super duper affordable so I went for it.  I think every season I will use it for something different.... 


My plan (and real reason for buying it....) is to use it for our Christmas tree this winter, like the image below which I've saved 1,000 times. 


But I think it'll be great for lots of other occasions! 

.....................................

Another antique store find, this mirrored wall hanging piece.  I absolutely loved it! I love how it could go super country/rustic, or you could give it a more modern twist and pair it in a more transitional contemporary home.  It's a great piece....I think it'd be great in a mudroom or laundry space.  Super cute! 


......................................

I also fell in love with this old four poster bed. The detail was unbelievable and if I had a little girl this would so be in her bedroom! So southern! 



Okay...that's all I got for y'all today! My very random pictures! :) 

Hope to be back soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...