Monday, September 9, 2013

{landscaping}

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

I'm going to try and share a few of our house photos here very soon...I'm a few months behind on downloading photos from my camera! eek! I'm also trying to remember to take "before" shots before I begin any projects. My plan is to go room by room and show y'all my ideas for each space.  I think it really helps to live in the space before you go out and buy furniture/art/accessories to fill your home.  It's interesting how different your ideas can change as you realize how you utilize each individual room in your home.  

So far we have been living with our house as is...but some wallpaper will be coming down shortly! 

As for the outside we have our fair share of projects there too.  I am currently obsessing over landscaping the double lot we live on.  The previous homeowners gave us a pretty good start with a few areas we can build on.  But there is still more we would like to do.  

I know it's totally the wrong season...but many perennials are on sale right now, its quite tempting to go out and dig up some soil. I suppose the second best option is diggin' up good landscaping ideas via pinterest. 

 Here are some of my faves: 

Limelight hydrangeas. They grow up to 8 ft tall, can grow in full sun or shade and can tolerate dry soil. Beautiful!

contrasting hostas -- leaf size and colors

Down the Garden Path

Plant lemon grass in big pots for the patio... it repels mosquitoes and it grows  tall

Paths

Hydrangea garden.

blue star creeper - Google Search

Water friendly gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...