Saturday, September 14, 2013

{dutch doors}





One of my absolute favorite parts of our house (I have many favorite areas!)  is our dutch door.  You just don't see them used often here in the Midwest! I fully plan on utilizing our door once we get a balcony railing up (our dutch door is off the 2nd floor master bedroom).  Meanwhile I've been gathering inspiration!  

I'm crushing over Grace Happen's Dutch door featured on Holly Mathis' blog. It's such a lovely shade of green!  Of course I love her brass kick plate as well....planning on adding some bling to all our doors as well! It's amazing how a simple plate can dress up a door instantly. 


photo-30-1

The red/coral door below is fun too, but what I'm really loving is the balcony railing design.  

grey + white + poppy dutch door  details of balcony accents, supports etc

Of course, a black lacquer door always looks quite sharp. Very classic.

Dutch door

I really love this green/greige color is gorgeous too! I've always loved this image. 

black dutch door


Decisions, Decisions....

What's your favorite? 


4 comments:

  1. The red one! I begged my dad to paint our front door red. It's a huge oak victorian style door with a 5 foot glass pane in the middle. So I can understand why he didn't want to ruin it...but I love red doors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh..I know I LOVE painted doors. They add such a punch of color and curb appeal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Chris!

      Delete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...