Wednesday, May 15, 2013

{design questions answered!}

In my opinion the best part of being primarily a "online" interior designer is that I can make my design services affordable for anyone and everyone.  However, most people still have reservations about asking for "help" in their home and/or thinking interior design is only for a certain kind of "upper class" folks.  I've noticed these "fears" are predominant here in the modest Midwest and I am bound and determined to break any and all stereotypes that might come with the old school residential interior design mentality.  

The benefit of working online with a designer is that you only have to pay for exactly what you want and it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.  My online consults start at only $35! I am able to offer my services so afford-ably because a) I work from home and b) I work on my own time constraints.  You are not having to pay any overhead expenses and/or my weekly salary! You are simply paying for my help and knowledge in directing you however big or small that may be. Perfect right? 

If you are on a modest budget, and have a simple design question regarding something in your home. My single design question service might be right up your alley.  I can't tell you how many times I run into people asking me for advice or guidance over little things in their home.... paint colors, drapery selection, picking out accent pillows, ect ect. I've found that some people actually need a lot help with little things just as much as if not more than, designing entire rooms.  Thus, my single design question service is perfect for people that have a lot of little questions (you know those questions that haunt you in your sleep at night...) .  All you have to do is simply email me your question (whatever it may be...) and I will get back to you giving you my professional opinion and some solutions/sources to help get you going in the right direction!  

Here is how my single question design boards look...obviously these boards vary greatly on the type of question asked.  The two boards below where direct questions regarding rug & lighting selection. However, these boards may include simple photoshop mock ups/renders as well depending on what is specifically needed. 







I really hope that clears the air for anyone that may be on the fence about online interior design.  It doesn't have to be scary or intimidating and it certainly doesn't have to cost a fortune! Paying for professional guidance in the long run always saves you $$$$...how many times have you bought an entire gallon of paint only to find out it was totally the wrong shade, or purchased a piece of furniture only to find out once you got it home it wasn't going to fit.  These are things that designers figure out from the get-go saving you both time & money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...