Tuesday, April 30, 2013

{whenever I see an ugly house...}

We are in the process of finding our next home, which is both exciting and scary at the same time.

Part of me really wants a move-in ready house. 

But a bigger part of me really wants a fixer upper.  It sounds way more exciting and intriguing getting to transform something from nothing.  We can make it exactly how we like it, which Lord knows I will do anyways.  I can't turn my brain off.  

However, whenever I think of my favorite "flipped" house, I think of Darby from Fly Through Our Window. 

Talk about a transformation....I love how she kept it a very realistic remodel.  You can read more about it here. She re-purposed her old cabinets and kept the layout pretty much entirely the same.  But it totally looks like a whole NEW kitchen...talk about the power of PAINT! 

BEFORE::






AFTER!!!





Now if that dramatic transformation doesn't make you want a fixer-upper than I don't know what does! 
Excuse me while I'm off to peruse realtor.com for the zillionth time.  :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...