Saturday, April 13, 2013

{weekend faves}

Happy Saturday!!

Just keeping things nice and random today.  

you know i do random well...


First up, I finally re-did my e-design services page.  Please check it out!!! I am no graphic designer...but thanks to design school I know how to maneuver my way around Photoshop pretty well.  I'm hoping these new graphics & descriptions help my clients get a better feel for how e-design works and the variety of services I am able to offer.  Still tweeking things here and there, so be prepared for more changes in the future! Y'all know I'm fickle when it comes to this graphic design stuff! 




............................................................................................

I'm totally inspired by the colors in this gorgeous bouquet::
mint, pink, peach,sitting pretty in that aqua jar =  yum! 





...................................................................................................................

I saw this shirt below on an instagram feed I follow and instantly fell in love with it's kate spade inspired, red and pink stripes! What do y'all think? Is it too late in the year to be buying long sleeve blouses?  Take my word for it, it looks cuter untucked, unbuttoned a little at the top, with skinny jeans & gold jewelry-- I don't think this photo does it justice.





.......................................................................................................................



Jello Poke Cake::

My sister made this last week for my dad's birthday, and I've been CRAVING it ever since!! How have I never had this recipe in my life before?  I know I'm crazy, but my sweet tooth run-ith wild! 

But it really is the most perfect Spring/Summer Dessert! Requesting this for my birthday in a few weeks! 

jello poke cake



..............................................................................................

Last but certainly not least, 

I read this wonderful blog post by Sibi at Pearls &Grace Blog, and I must say it really spoke to my heart.  Spend some time on her blog and you will see what I mean very quickly! Sibi has a way with words that just make them stick to your heart....

From Sibi's blog::

You have no idea how powerful your ability to reach others really is. God just needs a willing vessel.

And I'm not talking about just handing out bible tracts, or quoting a scripture or forwarding an email with a nice story. As wonderful as all of that may be at the right time and such.

I'm talking about your reach. 



Your ability to connect with another person- heart to heart. Spirit to spirit. 

You have no idea the power you have within you to change hearts and lives in the most amazing ways. Just something so small and simple can turn a heart to Him today. 

These few sentences have had me thinking ever since, how I can reach others through being a mother, a blogger, a friend, a sister....the list goes on and on.  God has given me this wonderful platforms, I need to start getting better about using them for his glory!

Am I doing enough? Am I taking the time to truly invest and get to know/keep in touch with others? How can I be better at reaching out and showing God's love to those around me?

I want to be his vessel.

...................................................................................

Hope y'all have an awesome weekend-- our sunshine is finally back, hooray!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...