Wednesday, April 24, 2013

{growing older!}

Best. Idea. EVER.


higher

Peonies



Cute




Sweet.




It's my birthday today! For some reason, every year around my birthday I get really sappy.  I can't help but reflect on the previous year...the good, bad, happy, and sad.  

This past year has been such a growing year for me personally.  I have realized, my strength comes from within.  Do the hard stuff, you never know what your capable of until you confront the stuff that looks impossible or scary.  The number one key to happiness is being grateful...count your blessings. I've realized first hand "stuff" doesn't make you happy (half our belongings are still in storage....), but people make you happy.  I've lived without things I thought I could never have survived without.  I've made some new friends, and lost touch with some old friends.  I've learned you have to stay true to yourself.  Choose your family over anything else. Don't put too much on your plate.  Leave time for the fun stuff in life.  The worst thing, is not the last thing. You will never regret spending time with your parents or grandparents. I've realized being back home, how much this town shaped me into the woman I am today.  At the day's end, most ordinary days this past year felt like such a big accomplishment, and that's okay.  Most of all I have grown so much closer to my husband and son over the course of the last year.  Absolutely 110% of my joy in life comes from them.  

 Thanks for all of those who have supported & encouraged me this past year-- one of the greatest compliments I have ever received was from a friend a couple weeks ago , complimenting me (and Mr. Cattlebuyer) on our strength as a husband and wife.  Hands down, Best compliment of the year.  I can't wait for all God has in store for us this next year.  I have a feeling it's going to be our best year yet! 

xo
Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Greetings I am so grateful I found your website, I really found you by accident, while I was looking on Yahoo for something else,
    Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a fantastic
    post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great work.



    Here is my website :: raspberry ketone diet reviews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...