Monday, March 11, 2013

{ikea favorites}

If you are on a budget (let's be real...who isn't?!) Ikea can be a wonderful resource for stylish and affordable furniture and accessories.  

My parents are heading to Chicago this weekend and they are willing to haul home some goodies for me.  Which is super exciting for me, because ikea shipping is outrageous if you live in the midwest! I heard Kansas City is getting an Ikea....does anyone know if it's open? 

I thought today I'd do a roundup of my favorite Ikea finds::

First up on my wish list, Ektorp Jennylund Chair. I've seen some super cool tutorials on making this chair into a rocking chair which is my ultimate goal.  Upholstered rocker/gliding chairs are upwards of $800 bucks and I just refuse to pay that for a single plan ol' chair.  I am bound and determined to make this work for our home, as we have a little guy who still loves to rock and I'm more than happy to make his wishes come true for as long as possible.  I've been dying to get rid of our ugly glider rocker since we moved last spring and I'm thinking this chair may just be the ticket! Would really love to get two of these guys:


EKTORP JENNYLUND chair, Blekinge white Width: 30 3/4 " Depth: 33 1/2 " Height: 33 1/8 " Width: 78 cm Depth: 85 cm Height: 84 cm

I love a classic reading light....wishing this came in a brass or gold finish but I can still make the silver work.


BAROMETER floor/reading lamp, nickel plated Height: 57 " Base diameter: 10 " Shade diameter: 6 " Height: 146 cm Base diameter: 26 cm Shade diameter: 16 cm

If you need to make a big impact but are on a tight budget, try one of ikea's many posters.   This classic map is one of my faves.  It would be adorable in a play room or child's room. 
PREMIÄR Picture IKEA With a large picture you can create mood and atmosphere in a whole room.


Next up, a fun accent pillow or cushion.  The peek-a-boo stripes and sweet little decorative ties are perfect.

URSULA Cushion cover IKEA Cover is made of ramie; a hard-wearing and absorbent natural material. Ties make the cover easy to remove for washing.

Of course, it should come to as no surprise, I'm head over heels for the buffalo check bedding.  At only $39.00 I don't see how you could go wrong with this collection.  I'd mix up all the buffalo check and pair this set with a mixture of solids, dots, stripes or florals.  Checks go with everything.

EMMIE RUTA Duvet cover and pillowcase(s) IKEA Yarn-dyed; the yarn is dyed before weaving; gives the bedlinens a soft feel.



I've also had my eyes on this fluffy Ofelia throw blanket.  It makes the sweetest background for photography. 
OFELIA blanket, white Min. length: 67 " Width: 51 " Min. length: 170 cm Width: 130 cm


Next up, are their cheap spice racks.  These make the cutest little decorative book ledges.  



BEKVÄM spice rack, birch Width: 15 3/4 " Depth: 3 7/8 " Height: 3 1/2 " Width: 40 cm Depth: 10 cm Height: 9 cm



One can never go wrong with an upholstered head board.  I'm partial to the grey colorway. 



VANVIK Bed frame IKEA Easy to keep clean; removable dry-clean cover. Two different covers availabl making it easy to give your bed a new look.

Always needing extra display space, these shelving units are perfect for any home.  

VITTSJÖ shelving unit, glass, black-brown Width: 20 1/8 " Depth: 14 1/8 " Height: 68 7/8 " Width: 51 cm Depth: 36 cm Height: 175 cm

They look entirely high-end with a fresh coat of gold spray paint....

Great ideas for ikea shelves!  Best hack i've seen in a while SO EASY.

Last but least. The Ikea wall shelves (any of them!) they carry a wide variety of great styles! 

This simple one is my favorite:

EKBY JÄRPEN/EKBY VALTER Wall shelf IKEA

Bust out your gold and white spray paint before assembly and you get a super high end look for next to nothing!  These would look perfect in a classy office space! 


IKEA Hack: Ikea's glossy white shelves paired with their wooden brackets, painted with Rust-oleum in metallic gold.

Okay, whew! Now I really need to narrow down my wish list.... 
What would your #1 purchase from Ikea be? 

If you want to see more ikea hacks-- simply do a quick pinterest or google search, so much inspiration to be found! I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...