Wednesday, February 20, 2013

{things i love:: brass plumbing fixtures}

Nothing makes my heart pitter patter faster than brass plumbing fixtures... I'm not talking about that cheap builder grade stuff from the 80's/90's.

I'm talking about the real deal. brass...
the stuff that patinas over time. 
 the stuff that gets better with age....ya know like wine.

I now love brass.  There, I said it.  I also love exposed plumbing in bathrooms.

In my dream home....our bathroom would look exactly like this:: 


The shower/tub would look like this: 

rough floors, brass plumbing

So I'm sure you know I totally did cartwheels when mr.cattlebuyer toured a home for sale....this one. remember it?  

And he texted me this picture below (you have to look past the hideous hunter green/burgandy tiles and weird shower rod...of course those would both have to go.)

but seriously.

hello, gorgeous plumbing fixture.  I love you.... can't take my eyes off you.



It's such a hidden gem.  Unfortunately this home needs a lot of updating & it's over-priced for all the updates it will need.

It's not exactly a starter-home...but it's so uniquely beautiful & one-of-a-kind.
 I just can't stop dreaming about it. 








2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Lately, I’m fascinated with exposed plumbing, especially those installed in the shower. This type needs proper insulation to prevent burnt and hot pipes though. But I think no effort would go to waste, especially if you’re aiming for a vintage feel for your space. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, brass is totally something anyone would love for their home. The patina effect is really quite amazing. It is probably the only tarnish you'd want your metal fixtures to develop

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...