Friday, February 8, 2013

{friday findings}

Happy Friday Friends!

A rounded up some of my favorite, random, but totally share-worthy findings from this week::


I just started reading this book, so far...I'm loving it!!! And that's coming from a girl who'd rather read a laptop screen than a book page any day (i know...the internet has corrupted me).  But once I picked this book up I couldn't put it down. It's so important for everyone to live in their sweet spot in life, fulfilling the purpose that God has specifically called each of us to do. Especially as women/mothers, we get pulled in so many different ways, it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.   

Cure for the Common Life  -     
        By: Max Lucado


...................................................................................................

Speaking of mother's...have you seen this beautiful post by Ann Voskamp?!
If not, you NEED to read it. 

...................................................................................................

Moving on from beautiful blog posts, to beautiful spaces... have y'all seen Bailey McCarthy's (blogger/author of peppermint bliss) home feature? 

Her kitchen is totally speaking my love language.  Isn't it just perfect in every way? 


Pete and Bailey McCarthy’s Houston abode (Matchbook Feb '13; photograph by Emily Anderson)

...................................................................................................

Beautiful kitchen- to beautiful jewelry.  I am probably the last person on the face of the earth without a tortoiseshell piece of jewelry.  These skinny bangles are so up my alley and would make a fantastic Valentine's gift at only $26


Tortoise Skinny Bangles



...................................................................................................

Last but not least, after YEARS of lusting....I got myself a new pair of boots.

*rolling of eyes*


Aren't they just gorgeous? 

I know. It wasn't a need (as I already have two pairs of perfectly good boots), but I've been eyeing these beauts ever since I saw them worn on Pioneer Woman & thee one and only Darby, from Fly Through Our Window. I wanted them so bad back then, but at $350.00...no can do for this momma on a budget.  I just could not justify spending that much on a pair of boots, when I already had two pairs that do the job just perfect.  But of course, a few weeks ago I was dangerously browsing ebay and much to my shocking delight a pair of gently used size 8 (MY size!) LUCCHESE BOOTS popped up for a small fraction of the full price.  I nearly died right then and there.  I was just certain I could justify my dream boots after seeing them for what I considered "dirt" cheap! 

After discussing with Mr. Cattlebuyer, I frantically sold an old leather belt I had laying around in my closet, got my wad of cash and put my bid in! Of course, I was the only bidder because let's be honest, it was pure fate-- these babes were meant to mine all mine! 

My feet have been wearing them everyday and the best part is-- they were pre-owned so someone else broke them in for me (we all know that's the worst part of wearing brand spankin' new boots).   

My feet have been thanking me ever since they arrived.  


Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...