Thursday, January 24, 2013

{the perfect desk}

I've been on the hunt for the perfect desk...for well...forever (it feels like.)

The problem is I have my "perfect desk" created in my mind. But I have yet to find it in real life.   I'm envisioning something old (insert: hard to find).  And I don't want to spend a fortune (insert: even harder to find.)

My slightly picky stipulations::

1. Doesn't need to be in good shape, just good enough to hold up to everyday use. I plan on painting it so finish doesn't matter.
2. Needs a few drawers for storage.
3. Needs to have a finished back (in case I ever decide to float the piece.)
4. Must be a comfortable height for typing/writing
5.  Must be large enough to hold plenty of stuff, but not too wide that it's going to be obtrusive if I  need to butt it up against a wall.

(if any of you own something as described above...please contact me immediately I will gladly take it off your hands!) :)

Now, let me share with you the image that inspired me.
It's nothing too special, fairly simple actually.  I love the key holes, size, drawers, legs, finish, everything.




Since I'm on a time crunch, and tight budget.  My new plan instead of scouring craigslist every day is to finish my own piece.  It may be a crazy idea...but at this point I'm willing to do just about anything to get the look I want.  

So here is my solution:: 

Unfinished console/desk + coat of paint + new brass hardware.


Moral of the story:: you can't always find the "perfect" piece so sometimes you just have to improvise.

works for me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...