Monday, January 14, 2013

{monday randoms}

Happy Monday Y'all!
 
Mondays are always a little random for me....gathering up loose ends from the week before.  Cleaning up from the weekend.  Tackling things on my updated to-do list.
 
It never ends...and sometimes I just need a good random post to clear my wandering thoughts.
 
First off...I've been meaning to make these "energy bites" for months.  I finally remembered to pick up the ingredients over the weekend, and let me just say.....they are nearly gone already.  they are THAT good.  Best snack ever.  I can't say whether I was really more "energized" or not...but they sure do taste wonderful and surely they must be better than snacking on a bag of chips or a handful of skittles...right?
 
 
Here's the recipe I used::
 
1c. oatmeal
1/2 c peanut butter
1/3 c honey
1 c coconut flakes
1/2 c ground flaxseed
1/2 c mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
 
just mix ingredients all together and make into round balls. 
 
easy peasy and so yum!
 
Speaking of healthy choices,
 
 2012 was a big year for me, as I stopped buying my usual weekly 24 case of diet mt. dew.  I made the decision late summer to give up my daily diet soda caffeine habit and I couldn't be happier! Believe me I was a total addict for YEARS...as in I couldn't be happy without it! Seriously. it was really getting bad.  And on top of it all my little guy was getting to the age this summer at where he recognized what a can of soda looked like...I didn't like that.  I know eventually he will want to drink soda on occasion.  But I didn't want to raise him thinking it was normal for people to drink  3 or 4 diet soda's a day (yes that was my usual for some time...) I didn't want to set a bad example for him.  I still don't.  Thus, my decision to give up my bad habit. 
 
I recently switched over to green tea.  I love finding new teas and I love knowing I'm not feeding my body with fake sugar substitutes .
 
My current fave is this::
 
Lipton Green Tea, Mixed Berry, Tea Bags, 20Count Boxes (Pack of 6)
 
 
 
 
Okay now that that's off my chest...
 
Can we just talk about my favorite lotion eva! Let me preface by saying that I used to be a total bath and body girl.  I'd find one or two scents I liked and stuck with them for years.  But recently I've been trying to be more conscious of what I'm putting on/in my body.  Reading the labels on products. 
 
It's astonishing/disgusting the amount of ingredients go into these health and beauty products.  Most of which is man-made chemical crap that most normal people cannot pronounce. 
 
Thus, after doing a little research I've decided to make the switch to more healthy/natural  alternatives.  Little change, but the peace of mind I gain from knowing I'm not smearing chemicals into my body gives me great joy. 
 
 
My fave::
 
 
The scent is not overpowering like most vanilla scents...its a very subtle smell which I love (I'm not usually a vanilla scent girl...).  And it feels like heaven on your hands.  Seriously....so good for your dry winter skin! (No, I'm not sales lady, but this stuff is so good I can't help but talk about it!) I also made the switch for my nugget boy-- he uses the arbonne baby lotion and it too, is amazing!
 
Now I need to find better options for all my other healthy/beauty products! If you know of any particular brands you are fond of, let me know! I'd love to hear about your products as well.
 
Moving on... to my blog.  Did you notice my new nav bar last week?
 
I am tweaking my blog a bit for a more user friendly/visually pleasing appeal.  This is taking time for me since I'm learning all of this css code stuff myself.  I love knowing that I have the power to change/edit my blog when/if I please (you all know how fickle I am...).  Santa got me an updated version of photoshop (CS5) woo hoo! so that is helping me in my decision to learn how to do all this web stuff myself.  So, be prepared, things may be changing/ edited daily.  If you have any advice or suggestions please let me know as well.  This may take me an entire year to get to the end "look" I'm going after, but eventually I will get done!
 
Also. last but not least I have a few very exciting design boards to show you in the upcoming weeks! Can't wait to share, hope you all have an awesome Monday! I'm off to go tackle my to-do list!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...