Thursday, December 6, 2012

{tartan & celebrating}

Happy Friday!

I can't believe how quickly this week has passed by...not that I'm complaining.  We've been living for the weekends (pretty much since JUNE!!!) I always welcome Friday with open arms.  We have a work Christmas Party Saturday night (you know what that means, date night!!!) Can you tell we don't get out much by my excitement?! (or I haven't been anyways...) ;) 

Needless to say, I needed a new going-out dress.  One that was holiday appropriate.  And you know being that the holidays are here-- I have a certain affinity for tartan.  It just feels festive without being too in your face.  As much as I love glitters and sequins, I would rather not stand out THAT much at this particular event.

Thus leads me to my 1st choice:: 

Devon Baer Dress



It's so classic, yet a little flirty and fun.  And I like that it's not your "typical" holiday colors. I am so into it.  Unfortunately, it's not available right now. 

go figure...
such is my luck.  

Luckily I found a good stand-in.  I will share it with you next week! :) 

Anyways,

 I just couldn't help but not connect the dots between the DB dress with one of my favorite inspiration photos below::

I mean seriously...how amazing is that tile floor?! I have never seen anything like it before! 
Talk about unique and one-of-a-kind.


 Plaid bathroom tile!


Also, in totally un-related news...
  I am so close to hitting 100,000 page views on my blog (will probably happen tomorrow)! This is so exciting for little ol' me! Thus, I decided I am going to celebrate with a giveaway next week for all my loyal readers! Believe me you don't want to miss it! 

Hope you all have a great weekend-- see you back here next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...