Wednesday, December 5, 2012

{gift guide for toddler boys}

Happy Wednesday Friends!

Sorry I've be absent lately, life has been keeping me rather busy!  Anyways-- I'm back today with my gift guide for toddler boys.  We've already gotten a few of these for our little guy (don't worry he certainly isn't getting ALL of this!) I am planning on keeping Christmas gifts for our child (and future children) thoughtful and practical...I want my children to know this holiday isn't really about US it's about JESUS! I want them to DREAM BIG (it's such a magical time of year!) but yet not be filled with greedy mile-long Christmas wish lists.  This will also be a tough lesson for myself (resisting buying every little thing he asks for...)Thus my selections-- I am going to try and give both useful and FUN gifts (I'm sure this will get more difficult as the years go by...) but that is my hope! 

Without further ado:

Maclaren Volo Stroller::

We finally bit the bullet and ordered this.  This guy is going to be our work horse for running errands (I use my jogger nearly every day!). Roverboy already weighs over 30 pounds and honestly I can't stand to carry him much longer (wish we had this stroller last year!) The volo holds up to 55 pounds and is wider than your normal umbrella stroller.  Also it doesn't have those annoying wheels that always get stuck (can't stand that!) and the handles are higher than your typical umbrella stoller, for more comfortable steering (one handed!). It also folds up nice and tight and has a carrying strap!  It's pretty much awesome...can't say enough good things about it! 



Books:: 
I love books (we have way too many already) but there is always room for a few new classics!

chicka chicka boom boom for learning the alphabet! 


skippy jon jones for fun!


Where the wild things are, another great classic.  We all know how much boys like MONSTERS!



Melissa & Doug Architectural Building Blocks::

I love all toys made by Melissa and Doug! They are so well made and I love that they aren't PLASTIC.

These architectural building blocks are so cool and different than your standard wooden blocks.  Practice for my future architect in training perhaps??!! ;) 

Hunters Wellies::

Every little boy needs a pair of rain boots for splashing in the mud! 


Chuggington Station Movie::

Chuggington Station is a hit at our house...roverboy begs for me to play you tube "Chuggington Station" videos whenever he sees my phone!  Kid loves his trains! I think this one will be a big hit!


Hooded Bath towels::

Love snuggling my boy right after his bath! Hooded towels help keep little ones nice and warm especially in these cold winter months!  I thought this superhero cape from lands end was especially fun! 







Hope this little list helps some of you who have little boys on your shopping lists this year! 

Have a wonderful day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...