Monday, October 15, 2012

{acorns}

  I'm going to be honest with y'all, I do not do much decorating with holiday or seasonal decor (I do make an exception for Christmas, as that is my favorite holiday of all...the more the merrier in December! I think whatever I lack in holiday decorating 11 out of the 12 months of the year, I try to make up for at Christmas time!)
* eek, please don't go hating on me yet...*

I love and appreciate holiday decorating, but I've learned with motherhood, clutter in our home totally stresses me out.  We have enough going on without extra seasonal decor on top of it. 
So my decorations have to be minimal, easy, no-fuss, and quite simple overall.

This year for fall I'm totally loving acorns.  simple little acorns, who'da thought right? 

I think this brassy piece would be fun as an accent on a bookcase or hutch:

This little chest is so cute with it's sweet little dangle acorn drawer pulls. 


This fabric is a bit "country-ish" for my usual liking but I think it'd make some fun seasonal accent pillows.  Personally, I would do a velvet green pinch pleat around the edges.



Last but not least, don't forget about "acorny" art.  Something like this from etsy would be so cute, matted and framed in a contemporary sleek white frame to juxstapose the nature inspired artwork.  I'm such a sucker for watercolor, if anyone has ever picked up a brush and tried to do a detailed watercolor painting you know how painstakingly intense it is! That makes me appreciate art like this so much more! 


Okay and last but not least, I stumbled upon this  for your kiddos.  Go out and do some nature crafting (love the old school illustrations)!! :) 

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday (if there is such a thing...)! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...