Thursday, September 20, 2012

{things i like}

Sometimes its fun to talk about something other than pretty rooms, furniture, lighting, paint colors, ect.

right? okay, not THAT often but sometimes it's fun to mix it up a bit! :)

I'm sort of dying to get back into sewing...like as in quilt sewing.  Yes, I know you think I've lost my marbles as I have never sewn a quilt. ever.  But i figure this one below looks fairly basic.  I mean it is just squares after all, how hard can it be?! ;) 


image found via my pinterest board


I'm also planning a little two year old's party around these pillows.  Um yea, only an interior design freak like me would find party inspiration out of a set of pillows! I know I've shown these on the blog before, I kind of love them.   


Also, In all my free time, I really dream of taking a calligraphy class. Isn't this the most beautiful handwriting you've ever seen? 


image via melissa esplin calligraphy ilovecalligraphy.com

I also made my first batch of pun'kin bread the other day.  I followed this recipe below, you should try it.  You won't regret it. 
I would have taken a picture of it, but it was consumed before I had a chance.

Pumpkin Bread
3.5 c flour
3 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp salt
4 eggs
2/3 c water
1 c oil
1 can pumpkin
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
.
Combine dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.


Also before I wrap this most random post ever up, I would like to share with you the most awesome blog EVER.  I mean seriously I was "lol-ing" all last night.  I read her entire blog.  Does that make me like a total stalker? I just couldn't stop reading, her writing is absolutely spot on.  She is new my new fave blogger.  Expect to see her blog on my sidebar asap! 

Hope y'all are having a fantastic Thrusday!






1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am seriously blushing over here. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...