Thursday, June 14, 2012

{newest member of our family}

We recently added a new member to our family, he will be sure to get lots of love (and undoubtedly will get slightly beat up over the years).   He is definitely a  50/50 combination of both Mr. Cattlebuyer and I, we love him lots already.  

He sort of looks like a miniature baby version of this bad boy.  He is part of the Johnathan Louis collection.  


only we {more like "me" as Mr.cattlebuyer gave me the reins to choose the upholstery...he's such a good husband!} choose a more neutral khaki (linen looking but not actually being linen as that would never hold up to my messy rover) woven upholstery and of course I choose matching welting in the same fabric.  We wanted something timeless and I figured I'd get sick of the two tone welting/upholstery combination quicker than I could bat an eye, so that trendy feature had to go.  Our sofa will will appear much like (my inspiration) photo of the gorgeous sofa below (which I LOVE...but I'm fairly certain it was out of our budget).  

The main different is obviously the style, ours is a little more casual as in it has rolled arms (for comfort) and our chaise lounge will be reversible (since we have many more moves in our future we wanted a sofa with some flexibility.)  The size will be very similar. We also will have the flexibility of taking the chaise off completely which will be great if we ever want to use the sofa in smaller space that wouldn't accommodate a chaise lounge.  


Anyways, I'm so excited for it to arrive so I just had to share it with ya'll!  If any of you have ever sofa shopped before you must know...there are LOTS of very ugly looking sofas out there. Please do not be fooled. No offense furniture stores. Finding a comfortable (clean lined...not poofy and oversized) sofa that met both of Mr.cattlebuyer and I's needs was a huge accomplishment! :) Now I need to start my hunt for some fabulous pillow fabric.  I'm really loving the combination of the pillows in my inspiration photo so that may be the direction I go....of course I will share that will y'all as well!  

Hope y'all are having a wonderful Thursday!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...