Monday, April 16, 2012

{it's all in the details: scallops}

Happy Monday to all of you!

I know you all know I love finding beauty in the details...and lately I've gotten a bit burnt out on the "chevron" pattern trend! *gasp* I know, I should be asshamed for saying that but really, I think it's gone a bit overboard.  I still like it in small doses, don't get me wrong.  But I think it's time to move on from the zig-zag.

I think scallops should be the new chevron.


{upholstery fabric from caitlin wilson design}

{shop 10/25}

absolutely love the scallop detailing on the edge of these drapes!
 

more fabulous scallop detailing on the pillow shams and the sheet set. so fabulous!




 

here's an example of how to incorporate scallops into your woodwork...love the spaced out look of the scallops. Looks a little less feminine and girly if you know what I mean.




 




now this kitchen totally looks feminine too me. cute on the countertop edge.
 
scallop details can even be in your accessories like these hurricanes: 


Or this sweet basket liner:



Or if you are really brave, use scallop detailing on your vent hood:



I think they are like a sweet feminine version of a chevron. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...