Monday, February 20, 2012

{believe in miracles}

Finding it hard to find much inspiration today....this weekend has been a emotional roller coaster ride.

It all started a week ago, my sweet grandma went in for a fairly routine surgery, expected to be in the hospital 1 week and be back home (tomorrow).  Her surgery went well, and she was seemingly on the road to recovery, she was even up walking around (with help) last Friday.  But that night, she had a mild heart attack at about 2 am.  She was taken by ambulance to Lincoln, they found she had blockage in her arteries, and when they put the scope in they also got her stomach cavity twisted.  Meanwhile, she also developed pneumonia and they found she had fluid in her lungs, throughout this whole ordeal.  On Saturday she went "code blue" and stopped breathing and was revived by CPR, doctors gave her a 50/50 chance of making it through the night.  To say I was absolutely heartbroken would've been an understatement.  I spent most of Saturday in prayer, I think I woke up at least 5-10 times throughout the night wondering and praying for her, clinging to the hope and promise of her making it. 

I just prayed it was not our last goodbye.  

Yesterday she was doing a little better, less sedated and more aware of her surroundings.  Last week I sent pictures of Cash to my dad to give to her at the local hospital (since I knew she wouldn't be home to get mail) not knowing any of this would happen.  Dad brought those pictures to her yesterday and everyone was in the room when they opened the envelope of pictures.  As my sister flipped through the pictures she (my grandma) opened her eyes and was more responsive than she had been all weekend long. My sister said those picture were the best thing ever.  The rest of the day when visitors came in grandma would lift her hand and point to the pictures we sent, that they taped onto her wall so she could see them. 

I would do anything to be there and hold her hand and tell her I love her. She needs prayers, lots of prayers, she has a very long road ahead of her.

I'm just asking y'all to say a prayer for her if you think of it, she needs it more than ever.

I found peace in singing the words of this song at Church yesterday. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdFzB4MQgEA

because our God really is greater, stronger, higher than any other.
Our God is healer, awesome in power. 


If our God is for us, than who could ever stop us?
If our God is with us, than what could stand against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...