Thursday, January 26, 2012

{design board:Young Girl's Bedroom}

I told you last week how I've had the privilege of working on some girl-y spaces for my E*design clients, and this is another one of those spaces!

This young girl's bedroom was already painted {robin's egg blue} and the bedding {multi-colored paisley} was already purchased as well as all the furniture pieces.  My job was to tie everything together and put some finishing touches on the room using art, accessories, and textiles.  We ended up going a little "shabby chic/vintage" with the room, not too grown up yet not too juvenile either....it was a fine balance create the perfect room for this young girl.  Since her original bedding was visually busy in pattern and color we let that be the focal point of the room and worked with more subtle patterns for all the finishing pieces- the window treatment, rugs, art, ect.  We pulled the accent colors: turquoise, hot pink, and orange directly out of the bedding.  Overall, I think all the accessories and art choices really pull the room together as well as make the focal point (the bed in this case...) a true show stopper!



I gotta admit, I'm partial to children's rooms- they are always super fun to work on!  Big thank you to my amazing E*design clients, y'all are the best!

.........................................................................................................................................................

If you are interested in my interior design services please email me at:


It would be my joy to help you create the room of your dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...