Monday, January 16, 2012

{artist}

Happy Monday Friends!

The wind is blowing fierce here in West Texas...thinkin' we will probably camp out inside today. I have a few projects that have been on the back burner for months that I need to wrap up around here...one of which is a little DIY art project for Nugget's room.  

I've been admiring artists like Caitlin McGauley a lot lately, I just can't get enough of her watercolor artwork. 

Here's where I first saw her art- this black and white portrait caught my eye immediately.  The glamorous gold frame hung on the dark black bookshelves just takes the artwork to a whole 'nother level of drama!
Don't you agree?



Here is that fabulous lady in the portrait... I love the simple lines of her silhouette and her expression. 


But after doing some further investigating into Caitlin's work, I have to say my absolute favorites are her interior paintings:





I love her bold punchy color choices and the eclectic vibe of the interiors she paints.  You can see more of her artwork here and maybe even buy a few pieces for yourself. 

As for me- I'm off to dig out my watercolors from college! I would love to be able to paint some of the rooms I design for my clients (someday)!

Well, I better get to practicing--hope y'all have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. oooh love these watercolor rooms. you should do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...