Tuesday, December 6, 2011

{design board: guest room/office}


I just absolutely LOVE how this room came together for my client.  Her house is primarily white walls with gorgeous dark wood floor (I'm slightly jealous...) and she really wanted to keep the main pieces neutral but add pops of color through the accessories, artwork, and textiles! You know I was excited about THIS sort of project- neutrals with pops of color is my fave!

Since this room was dual function- office & guest room.  We had to make sure all the furniture also doubled in function!  We kept the home owner's existing desk but added a sparkle-ly mirror above it to make it double as a sort of vanity when the room is being used as a guest bedroom.  We added a white Murphy bed with espresso accents, the homeowners had already picked this piece out but just needed some help on the finish.  The room wasn't huge- so keeping the large Murphy bed/bookcase unit in a neutral color helped visually take some of the weight off of it.  My client also fell in love with this bright and colorful rug- which is where we pulled all our inspiration colors from....I'm really glad she found this beauty!  The pinks-mangos-yellows-kelly green combination just looks so warm and cheery. I dressed up the window a fabulous pair of trellis kelly green curtain panels which really make the window wall pop and become one of the focal points in the room.  I also added a comfortable bench to put beneath the window for extra seating when the Murphy bed is tucked up vertical! I dressed up the neutral bench with some fun designer print pillows and a colorful throw.  Another piece we added was a functional wicker stand - which will double as a nightstand when the room is used as a guest room.  We accented the room with hints of gold and antique brass and I gotta say- I think we nailed it! I love everything....I can't wait to see pictures when everything gets installed in the room!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday- Cash and I have been "snowed in" since Sunday.  Not going to lie it's been sort of fun to not go anywhere, but I am ready to get some FRESH air! Hoping the roads are better today- Mr.Cattlebuyer said the black ice yesterday is what made the roads nasty. 

Also- if you wouldn't mind, could you say a little prayer for my dad.  He was out doing his thing on the farm last night and somehow got his foot entangled in an auger! My old man laid outside in the 0 degree temps for 3 hours with just a thin jacket and short sleeve shirt (because that is what he always wears...) before getting help....  I just love him so dearly, it broke my heart hearing this news....so if you would. please say a little prayer for him, he's going to a speciality clinic this morning to get looked at- praying there isn't much tendon damage done. Anyone who knows my dad knows, nothing stops the man, he's one of the hardest working people I know. I'm praying he is back on his feet in no-time!

Thanks friends!


2 comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...