Thursday, December 22, 2011

{countdown to christmas: mercury glass}

Continuing on with my "Countdown to Christmas" holiday decor, today's feature is mercury glass.  I'm such a sucker for anything made of mercury glass....I love the sophisticated elegance of it, and of course, it's vintage charm!

love this collection below:


some pretty candlesticks in a vignette makes a BIG statement, and adds lots of sparkle!


I can't be Christmas without some pretty mercury glass ornaments...


or how about these cutie Christmas trees...


Maybe just changing out the drawer pulls on a piece of existing furniture would do the trick for you...


I'm head over heels for this cluster of ornaments.

and if you want to invest in a larger piece, mercury glass lamp's are always timeless! Probably want to wait until your kiddos are well into adulthood for one of these beauties if you know what I mean....I'd cry if one of these lamp bases broke.

That's all I got for you guys today- now go to your nearest Antique Store (or Pottery Barn if you aren't the junkin' type) and buy some mercury glass and see how pretty it is for yourself!

 I finally got all my work caught up yesterday- sent out the last of my Etsy shop orders, Christmas cards (i know, I ran out of cards so I had to print more- thus some are a little late this year! Sorry friends & family!), and even made sugar cookies last night.  I'm packaging up some yummy cookies for our mailman and for Mr.Cattlebuyer to take to work.  Then I'm going to sit back and enjoy every single second of the Christmas spirit this week...it truly is the one of the best times of the year! Don't you agree?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...