Friday, December 23, 2011

{countdown to christmas: feathers}

Can you believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow!?

Well to continue on... with my traditional and classic holiday decor.  I'm mixin' in a little more of my favorite elements....and if you haven't noticed feathers are everywhere this year!

I love the texture they have- and they seem to look good just about anywhere...classic yet slightly un-expected at Christmas time.

I especially love them on wreaths- like this bleached peacock feather wreath.  for.the.record. I'd keep this baby out year round.


love the rich jewel tone colors in this feathery beauty:


Or the more classic white feather....which seems a little glamorous to me.


Maybe a wreath is too much for you? 
How about this genius idea feather + clear Christmas bulb....love how it makes the feathers appear so they are floating! 

Or perhaps a feather tree is more your style? Such a pretty vignette, except that wrinkle-ly slipcover on the chairs is driving me nuts! anyone else?


these fluffy trees are pretty darn cute as well. 


this fun feather tree with a bird topper,  it's only appropriate!



Feather decorative balls are always a great idea too.  Tuck these guys in a pretty bowl with some greenery and you are set!


Another great idea- if you just want to add a hint of feather-y fun...stick a few in your garland for the perfect touch.


Or maybe real feathers aren't your thing...how about some porcelain feathers? too cute.


Hope you all are having a wonderful Friday on the Eve of Christmas Eve. I'm really looking forward to spending this weekend with my little family...It's going to be fun!  We are planning a relaxing weekend celebrating the holiday with our great friends here in Texas!  I'll be back tomorrow for one last "countdown to Christmas" post tomorrow.... and then I'll see you all after the holiday! And just in case I miss some of you tomorrow, Merry Christmas Friends! Choose Joy and always remember the true meaning of Christmas- the birth of our Savior!

One last great quote from "It's a Wonderful Life"....I couldn't have said it any better myself George! :)






1 comment:

  1. Can you please tell me where you found the pink and white feather trees in the 6th pic from the top? I didn't see any credits or links. I love mine but it is starting to look old and yellowed. I have searched everywhere, where can I get one???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...