Monday, December 5, 2011

{and the stockings were hung...}

We woke up to white fluffy stuff outside....and I'm not talking about cotton!
 I'm talking about b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l
*S N O W *

 Nothing gets me in the holiday spirit more than seeing some fluffy white stuff in our yard (only in moderation of course....) 2-3 inches is plenty for me!  Lately, I've been a busy woman.  I even finished up stitching hubby's stocking last week! I love seeing our family stockings finally complete on the mantel.  They are sort of gaudy in color and are covered in sparkle-ly sequins but I love knowing they were all handmade with lots of love! :)   Even thought my sometimes type A personality would love 3 matching and charming burlap stockings...something like these from Dear Lillie...


That's not what we have this year...or probably any year for that matter.

My mom started the tradition (she had a homemade sequin stocking when she was growing up...) so she made me and my sister's stockings when we were younger! I remember thinking it was the most beautiful thing in the world... Anyways, I figured I'd keep the tradition going by making my family stockings too! I finished Cash's last year - the week of Christmas but sadly never got around to Chance's until this year. He told me "he didn't think I'd get his done in time this year..." hah- sometimes I love proving him wrong! ;)

This is what our stockings look like:



 We  also ended up getting some shopping done this weekend which means I'll be spending the afternoon wrapping gifts! My favorite! I'll share with you some more easy holiday decorating ideas I've done later this week!

Hope you all have a warm and wonderful Monday!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...