Friday, November 4, 2011

{friday: random-ness}

Well another week has passed....I'm praying these last few weeks of 2011 will slow down a little.  Sadly, it always seems once the holidays start, its like you get on a roller coaster and don't get off until Jan.1.

But anyways, here's my week in review:

My nugget loves kitchen bowls and utensils 10x more than he likes the toy box full of new birthday gifts that he has.....


....................................................................................................................................................

I'm loving these gorgeous fall plates...aren't they pretty?

....................................................................................................................................................





While doing some etsy browsing I stumbled upon the most gorgeous watercolor prints. It remindes me how much I miss painting...



....................................................................................................................................................

I've been scouring for a great bookcase for nugget's room for awhile, but had no luck! Up until now, his books have been in a cardboard box from our move in January...so pathetic.  While looking for inspiration I realized, maybe a slip covered bookshelf would work better for now: his books would be easily accessible for mommy and daddy, but not so accessible (and visible) that nugget would be pulling them down and chewing on them constantly. 

Then I realized I had an old bakers rack that was just sitting around without a purpose. and I had some leftover green paisley fabric from working on his nursery. 

combine the two and this is what you get:



I used a little Velcro around the top and some hot glue (since this is just a temporary solution...when he gets older we will definitely upgrade to a 'real' bookcase but for now this works!)



see here are the hidden books:


.........................................................................................................................................................

I'm also obsessed with the cotton fields in Texas....they are so pretty right now!  I'm going to be sad when they get 'striped', that is what you call it right?

................................................................................................................................................

Also, I've been doing a little fall cleaning, most people clean in the spring...not I. While cleaning, I found these two Coach purses just sitting in my closet, so I listed them on Ebay yesterday, my first listings! Hoping to pass these on to someone else, if you just so happen to be interested in either of them shoot me an email at
moderngracedesigns {at} hotmail {dot} com and I will send you some more photos, and I'll probably give you a good deal since I love, love, love my sweet blog readers! :)



...........................................................................................................................................

Okay. That's all the randomness I can take for one day.  Please check out my etsy shop this weekend, planning to re-stock it tonight! Yay!

  Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. your little guy is so cute! and what a great idea with the covered bookshelf! smart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea...less mess to constantly clean up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...