Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{cloche jars}

So last Saturday we were having a quiet day at home, and sometimes if I'm real lucky on quiet Saturday's I get to sneak out of the house while Cash is sleeping and have a little alone time.

This Saturday I hit the junkin' jackpot....or maybe I should say mini jackpot.

I'm sure you've seen these around, they are super popular right now...called cloche jars, apparently according to google they've been around forever and originated in France.


I think they are quite pretty..




and that's exactly what I found at Salvation Army only a mini version.

ain't she pretty? ;)
she was only $2.00 I just couldn't leave her sitting on the shelf.

Some sweet little lady probably hand painted those strawberries....but I wasn't feeling the strawberries. sorry sweet little lady.


So I used a little left over black spray paint...and transformed it into this:


Mr. Cattlebuyer had no idea what it was....but he humors me, and learns to like the silly "junk" I buy.


I really wanted to put our wedding cake topper inside it (two little hand painted birds I found at a antique store) but it turns out they are no where to be found....most likely thrown away in a landfill somewhere far far away.

I'm still a little sad about that, but maybe someday I'll find two little matching birds I like just as much to put inside it...but for now it holds this little bitty pumpkin and now I'm thinking it looks lonely by itself, so I'm on the lookout for a couple more to add to the vignette.

Hope you all are having a fabulous day, come see me tomorrow for WIWW!

xo

1 comment:

  1. How cute- I wouldn't have left it either!!!
    It looks great painted black

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...