Thursday, November 17, 2011

{the bathroom}

The room that nobody talks about except maybe interior designers, and uh, plumbers. :)

Well today I'm here to tell you, that the bathroom counts as one of the most important rooms in your home.  No matter what you should always invest in your bathrooms (and kitchen).  It's where you should spend the most money...and most likely will.  But put a little money into the bathroom and it will return the favor exponentially down the road. 

Your bathroom should not be a forgotten space in the house, make sure your bathroom reflects YOU and not Home Depot! 

  Personalize it, and make it be a happy surprise to your visitors....nothing makes me happier than walking into a shop/home/restaurant and finding out their bathrooms are AH-MAZING. You know what I'm talking about....I particularly like when restaurants or shops invest in their bathrooms.  Not saying I've ever done this...but have you ever eaten at a restaurant just so you could use their bathroom?! uh. I would NEVER do something like that.... ;)

The most important rule you should follow beside rule 1 - invest in your bathroom's and kitchen, is rule 2- the facet is always more important than the sink.  (repeat after me...) You can always take a ho-hum basic sink and make it gorgeous by adding a fabulous facet....but a pretty sink with a nasty old facet, ya, there's no fixin that bad boy up!

So here is a collection of some of my favorite personalized and unique bathrooms, take a look!

You know I'm such a sucker for silhouettes, but combine a silhouette and dog and I'm a fan!



Here's a great example of "rule-2" , a basic bowl sink combined with a fabulous polished facet. LOVE it. I also sort of like the exposed plumbing, something most people try cover up...


I really don't think there is anything in this bathroom I don't like.  The vanity just so happens to be in my favorite color green, and add a slab of Carrara marble - true perfection.  

If you want to make a big statement, cover the walls in something unique! Here is another fabulous wallpaper for all you geography lovers...


again, another great example- pretty basic pedestal sink with an awesome facet, I also very much approve of the claw foot tub + shower curtain combination. I think I need that someday...


and lastly, how about using chalkboard paint on the walls? 

 I'd probably sketch a note something along the lines of  "I {heart} Chance" you know those bathroom stalls with all the love notes written on the walls....please tell me I'm not the only one that attempts to read them! ;) This chalkboard wall would definitely get doodled on in my house...

I hope this inspires you all to think outside the box, personalize your bathroom, make it a reflection of YOU!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...